Babymoon in royal fashion at Vdara Hotel & Spa
Taking advantage of the latest trend in parenting, expectant couples are treating themselves to what may be one of their last getaways as a party of two. Even celebrity couples like William and Kate have found that “the babymoon” is a must-do in anticipation of their bundle of joy. Sin City may not be the most traditional destination that comes to mind, but for savvy moms and dads-to-be seeking relaxation, pampering and a dose of excitement, the non-smoking, non-gaming, all-suite Vdara Hotel & Spa provides an ideal retreat. And it’s all just a few steps away from the action of the Las Vegas Strip.
- Non-Smoking Serenity: Not every Las Vegas resort was created alike – Vdara is a non-smoking, non-gaming, all-suite hotel – ideal for health-conscious guests. Each suite features custom-designed Sealy mattresses with 12 separate layers of comfort foam including a layer of latex and memory foam, ensuring a healthful and restful stay. All of Vdara’s suites have stunning Vegas or mountain views, and several overlook the iconic Fountains of Bellagio.
- Babymoon like William and Kate: Booking a two-bedroom hospitality suite at Vdara allows any guest to feel like royalty, as they experience complimentary perks, including roundtrip limousine transportation to and from the airport, day passes to the spa, access to a dedicated concierge phone line and more.
- Mom-to-Be Spa Treatments: Spa & Salon Vdara focuses on holistic health and uses only sustainable and high-grade ingredients derived from herbs, flowers, fruits, veggies and oils. The spa boasts a Doula-trained staff and chemical-free products to ensure the best experience possible for pregnant women. Spa & Salon Vdara offers a prenatal massage that considers the special needs that arise during pregnancy including reducing discomforts such as backache, swelling and leg cramps as well as increasing circulation and relieving tension.
- Mocktails: No need to miss out on the world-class mixology taking over the Las Vegas Strip. Conveniently located in the hotel’s lobby, Bar Vdara’s sophisticated indoor/outdoor lounge features a sensational, non-alcoholic libation. The Berry Lemonade is made with fresh muddled blueberry, blackberry and raspberry, house-made lemonade and is garnished with a fresh lemon wedge.
- Cuisine for all Cravings: In addition to its own eateries, Vdara is a few steps from the AAA Five Diamond ARIA Resort & Casino, where foodies can enjoy restaurants from celebrated chefs including Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Masa Takayama, Shawn McClain and more.
- Healthful Convenience: Babymooners who don’t see Sin City as an excuse to cheat on their diet can turn to the fresh, seasonal eats at Market Café Vdara. Vdara Executive Chef Arnoud Masset showcases organic ingredients in breakfast and lunch menus, complemented by a selection of refreshing smoothies, tea and coffee. Market Café also offers a boutique grocery store so guests can prepare their own meals, if they wish, using the intimate kitchens available in every Vdara suite.
- Chocolate & Sweets: Truffles woven with creamy amaretto. Freshly made crepes. Perfect squares of dark cocoa crafted from the finest European chocolates. All this and more will satisfy any sweet tooth at ARIA’s Jean Philippe Pâtisserie located steps away from Vdara.
- Craving It All: Ladies who can’t quite decide what they are craving can head to the newly renovated Buffet at ARIA where they can indulge in endless gourmet food from around the globe for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Unique Flavor Combinations: We’ve all heard about pickles and ice cream. And though that’s not on the menu at Shawn McClain's Sage, the restaurant is widely acclaimed for introducing unique flavor combinations to create outstanding, original flavors like its Maine Day Boat Scallops with braised oxtail, wild mushrooms and salted caramel reduction.
- Pizza: Shawn McClain’s flavors are also featured at the new Five50 Pizza Bar, where the James Beard award-winning chef puts a twist on East Coast and Sicilian-style pizza for women craving something more traditional and comforting. The signature crusts are accompanied by rich sauces and premium cheeses and toppings, sure to satisfy any mom-to-be.
- Beef: Cravings and common pregnancy-related iron-deficiencies can turn even the most devoted vegetarians into steak lovers. Thankfully, ARIA is home to Jean Georges Steakhouse, featuring one of the city’s best selections of meats, including Australian Wagyu and Kobe Beef.
- Asian Food: Women seeking Asian flavors to please their palates can feast on a wealth of delicious dining options including Chinese food at Blossom, Thai fare at Lemongrass, and the freshest Japanese cuisine at barMASA and Tetsu.
- Fun for Dads-to-Be: Although moms are the star of the babymoon, dads-to-be can live the life too during their Las Vegas vacation, from personalized spa treatments to taking in their favorite sports teams on larger-than-life HD TV screens in ARIA’s Race & Sports Book.
- Spa Daddy: Designed to address skin concerns unique to men, the Fitness Cleanse for Men facial treatment protects against the harsh effects of shaving and everyday environmental damage. A deep cleanse is followed by a smoothing exfoliation and extractions to remove congestion.
- ARIA’s Race & Sports Book: While mom is enjoying “me time,” devoted dads can kick back at ARIA’s recently renovated Race & Sports Book. With plush couches and an intimate environment, they’ll feel like they’re watching games in their own living rooms – if their living rooms had two 220-inch TVs and 88 other high-definition televisions.
- Designer Baby Duds: Couples can shop for the latest designer baby fashions at The Shops at Crystals, adjacent to ARIA and conveniently connected to Vdara by tram. This luxury-only shopping mecca offers an unparalleled selection of popular designers featuring baby lines for fashion-forward parents-to-be from retailers such as Gucci, Stella McCartney, Lanvin, Roberto Cavalli and Fendi.
- Activities for All Types of Babymooners:
- Gamblers: Those high-stakes mamas looking to roll the dice can head to one of the designated non-smoking areas at ARIA’s casino. ARIA also features technologically advanced air-displacement units that whisk away any unwanted scents that can offend a pregnant woman’s super sense of smell.
- Loungers: Pool & Lounge Vdara is a blissful escape with phenomenal views, semi-secluded plunge pools and plush cabanas where couples can wind down with handcrafted mocktails and small bites.
- Culture Seekers: Travelers can enjoy low-key exercise while exploring CityCenter’s
$40 million public fine art collection and see stunning pieces from world-renowned artists such as Maya Lin, Henry Moore and the newest addition from James Turrell, scattered throughout the property.